Monday, April 7, 2008

Some Track Inspiration By: Christopher

I feel good while I’m running on the track.
Once I get going I’m never looking back.
I try to block out the shouts and jeers.
And listen for the advice and cheers.
Don’t ask me why I run.
It really isn’t fun.
The only way to gain
is going through lots of pain.
I love the way the wind blows through my hair.
Sometimes I forget that I’m actually there.
Second lap and two to go
I’m starting to get into the flow.
I pass men one, two, three
I feel the track as I grip it with my cleat.
Last lap its time to sprint
My coach gives me the cue, the hint.
I know that it will be a feat
If I beat the cheat.
I just broke the lead.
I must succeed.
Across the finish line I am first
My heart is about to burst.
The sweat beads on my forehead are asking for a friend
I pour some water on my head and they have a trend.
Soon to bed and then I sleep
Tomorrow I’ll have another meet.

1 comment:

  1. haha, nice poem, except you would have finish last! haha jk

    ReplyDelete