Monday, April 19, 2010

Jon Anderson

When we saw Jon Anderson at B. B. King's Blue's Club we saw a lot of guys my age re-living the old glory days of the 70's when "Yes" was one of the great concert bands and bell bottom jeans and tank top shirts were the rage. If I remember it, I'll try to get my SUNY at Buffalo freshman ID posted and you'll see how much a hippie Uncle Joe really was. I sort of looked like a friendly Charles Manson. If you ask Paul what his favorite thing in NYC was, he'd tell you the nachos platter that had shredded beef up to the ceiling at B. B. King's. Meanwhile, while Paul was immersed in his nachos platter, this rather overweight 50 ish guy, (no, not me!) leaned over and told me that this was his 950th concert in his life. So, the guy has, in effect, for three full years of his life, been going to concerts. Given the fact that many of us spend one-third of our lives sleeping, (n.b., in Paul and John's lives it is about 2/3rds sleeping!), going to see concerts for 3 years of your life isn't something to be dismissed easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment