Saturday, October 31, 2009

"If you ever get a second chance in life for something, you've got to go all the way." --Lance Armstrong











I ran a marathon in Venice, Italy last weekend. 26 miles. 42 kilometers. Not only was it a physical triumph, but an emotional, spiritual, mental feat. We began about 10kilometers outside of Padua, Italy and ran through little Italian towns until we ended up in St. Mark's Square in Venice. Throughout the run, people from the towns came out to the streets, cheering and encouraging the runners. Local bands played music about every 5 kilometers. For the past few years it has always been one of my life goal's to run a marathon. I can't wait to run the next one. The human body is amazing. We have all been wonderfully and fearfully made!

This is my second semester studying in Austria. I was here two years ago in the Fall of 2007. I have been extreamly blessed to return here again. It's been incredible. I am growing as a person, as a woman, daily. I am done with school in December and this has been the perfect ending to my undergrad experience. Not only do I absolutely love the classes I am taking and the material I am learning, but I also love the places I have been able to travel to and the wonderful people I have met. Every day I grow. There is nothing like being able to say "I am a new, better person" at the end of each day.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Claire. We miss you. And I am very, very jealous of you.
    Love,
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire!! That's amazing!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete